The Triple P: Polyvagal Theory, The Power of Play, and Practical Applications
Time & Location
About the event
We will cover the basic rationale and philosophy of the Polyvagal Theory as well as research and a developmental understanding of the importance of play. Participants will be introduced to no less than ten low-cost practical play therapy techniques and even experience some of them during the workshop! The application of these play therapy techniques to various populations will also be discussed.
Participants will learn to:
- Identify 3 basic principles of the polyvagal theory as it relates to play therapy
- Assess the difference between spontaneous and nonspontaneous play in play therapy.
- Identify 3 ways to support parents of child clients of Play Therapy.
- Explain the neuroscience of the emotions, communication, and social engagement system through the exploration of adaptive reactions of the autonomic nervous system.
- Identify 6 Play Therapy applications utilizing tenets of Polyvagal Theory to enhance social relationships and foster emotional wellness with children and adolescent clients
- Identify 10 ways to convey cues of safety in Play Therapy
This workshop is 6 contact hours approved by APT; approved provider number 20-613
- Triple P Workshop$197+$4.93 Service fee$197+$4.93 Service fee0$0